My research is focused at the transport-layer of the internet, with a main focus at providing low-latency modifications to protocols like TCP and SCTP. Other interests include how to evaluate internet-based applications and protocols, through deterministic network emulation.
- Hurtig, P. and Brunstrom, A., "Enhanced Metric Caching for Short TCP Flows". In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC'12), June 2012, Ottawa, Canada.
- Hurtig, P., "Transport-Layer Performance for Applications and Technologies of the Future Internet". PhD dissertation, Karlstad University, February 9, Karlstad, Sweden.
- Hurtig, P. and John, W. and Brunstrom, A., "Recent Trends in TCP Packet-Level Characteristics". In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS 2011), May 2011, Venice/Mestre, Italy.
- Hurtig, P. and Brunstrom, A., "SCTP: Designed for Timely Message Delivery?". In Springer Telecommunication Systems, No 47, pp. 323 -- 336, May 2010.
- Allman, M. and Avrachenkov, K. and Ayesta, U. and Blanton, J. and Hurtig, P., "Early Retransmit for TCP and Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)". RFC 5827, IETF.
- Hurtig, P. and Brunstrom, A., "Enhancing SCTP Loss Recovery: An Experimental Evaluation of Early Retransmit". In Elsevier Computer Communications Vol 31 No 16, pp. 3778 -- 3788, October 2008.
- Topics in Computer Networking
- Performance Modelling and Simulation
- Computer Science -- Master's Thesis
- Ongoing IETF Research
- Advanced C++ Programming
Current and past projects (selection):
- Investigator in "A Living Labs network for user-driven innovation of ICT services"
- Investigator in "European Collaborative Innovation Centres for broadband media services (E-CLIC)"
- PI and project leader of "Effektivare kommunikation för framtidens Internet"
- Investigator in "Enhanced Application Performance in Future Wireless Meshed Networks"
- PI and project leader of "KauNet++"
- Investigator in the EU FP7 Network of Excellence in Wireless Communication (NewCom++)
- IETF working group "TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions (tcpm)"
- IETF working group "Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)"